Sunday, February 22, 2009

There's singing. and dancing

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Want a good excuse to wear pink & pearls and see the musical Legally Blonde? Have a girls night! That's what I did. Dinner was wonderful, the musical was fun, and I got to spend time with my two friends Amanda and Alicia.
This week is somewhat eventful. There will be some work, an away team meeting on Wednesday, Ash Wednesday and the start of lent. Hmm, that hummas will come in handy on Friday.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What musicals have you seen live? (high school or local productions totally count)
.
Well, I've seen that one that's set on a cruise boat, but it was altered when the male lead actually proposed to the female lead. She totally turned him down :O
I was in Oliver and Once Upon a Matress. (in the pit, despite my chorus try-out efforts). A local theatre review show starring AmandaSaur. I saw Phantom of the Opera at Fair Park in grade school, Fosse in highschool, Les Miserable with Mom and teacher friends, Carmen (an opera... but i'm going to include it anyway) with my cousin in college, Fiddler on the Roof with my boyfriend in College, Wicked with my husband and now Legally Blonde. It really was pretty funny.
.
Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Hmm, I've seen Little Shop of Horrors at some point, and Godspell at high school

Anonymous said...

I can't compete with you on the musicals! I probably saw some musicals while in high school because they made us, just like the pep rallies. But I clearly don't remember them.

When my friend David married Denise, the wedding was in New York. My friend Ofer and I met his girlfriend at the wedding and we went to catch a show on Broadway. Ofer's girlfriend was very determined that we needed to see Cats. We were seated by Helga the Horrible and it went down from there. CATS!! And that played for years on Broadway! I was obviously the only idiot in the crowd that day, as everyone else thought the show was fantastic.

I am neither a fan of Andrew Lloyd Weber, nor musicals in general. That is good for the boys, but not so great for Jessica, who loves the musicals!!

Oh, no wait. The boys and I did go with my mom to see Spamalot. GROAN! I know it is Monty Python and I know MP did lots of fun skits and songs.....but groan!! And the couple who sat behind me and Nick would shout out the lines before they were said on stage. GROAN.

Jackie said...

The first musical I ever saw was Guys and Dolls with my mom when I was young. Later we went and saw Les Mis and Phantom; all were amazing.

In high school I saw Wicked and my school’s performance of Beauty and the Beast. I had the opportunity to see Fiddler on the Roof or the Lion King on Broadway, but I chose instead to see Blue Man Group off-Broadway. Ah well, I don’t regret it too much.

Sadly, I’ve seen far more musicals on DVD than live. I've never seen anything through Opas. The Wizard of Oz is coming in April! Perhaps I can convince Matthew … heh.

Kristen said...

OH, Jackie, you reminded me that I've seen The Lion King, in L.A. as part of our band/rose bowl parade trip.
It was fun, and yes, the costumes were AMAZING.

Jackie said...

I heard really, really good things about it from my friends who went.

Anonymous said...

I was in the pit for "Bye Bye Birdy" and "South Pacific", played Cockney #4 in "My Fair Lady" senior musical, and saw "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Wicked" as you mentioned.

I'm a big fan of "Wicked".

Jackie said...

Woa, AggieEngineer -- you were in musicals in high school?? That's amazing! I was in drama at Midlothian for one year, but definitely wasn't cool enough to be in any musicals.

And I also am a fan of Wicked. "Defying Gravity" is my shower song.

Anonymous said...

Best musical in person was Lion King.... in L.A.