Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do not flash me. I do not have beads.

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Rock-Paper-Scissors-Socks-Icecream
Socks ruin icecream and contains rock. but is packaged by paper and holed by scissors (socks = index & pointer finger down like walking legs)
Ice cream rusts scissors and moistens paper but is melted by rock and ruined by socks (icecream = hold imaginary cone up to your licking tongue).
Not a bad idea.
.
I, too, like Aunt Barbara's idea of the high five. I'd take it to extremes... if both persons complete the high five, forget the decision and go for ice cream! If one person is left hanging, they automatically lose. When there are more than 2 persons, the stakes are raised. The high five must be made toward one other person. If a high five is completed, go out for ice cream! (as a consolation, the 3rd wins the decision). All tied? try again. Left hanging = lose.
.
Either way, I look forward to making decisions with you later.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Did you do anything for Mardi Gras?
.
I purposefully had Reese's Pieces and Blue Bell mint-chocolate chip ice cream.
.
Love,
The Asker

4 comments:

mmnevill said...

We went to Baton Rouge to see Kate. We drove to New Orleans with our kiddos - Addie and Emilyn, who are both 2 (12 days apart from each other), and baby Ryan. Kate's husband had a friend with a house right downtown, so we had a place to rest and eat and park. We had front row seats to Proteus and Orpheus parades), and we saw Jim Belushi, Joan Rivers, Josh Gracin, and the crew from Reno 911. I also got lots of beads, stuffed animals, and Mardi Gras cups. The girls were great and Ryan slept the whole time, so it was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I had dinner with The Asker, John & Kate Plus 8 and two puppies in a new house, and for desssert* Reese's Pieces and ice cream with Jimmys!

* The mnemonic device I learned for desert/dessert spelling was "you always want more [s's in] dessert!", and since it was Mardi Gras and especially delicious, it was in fact desssert.

Anonymous said...

Well, we played hangman last night, but not as a celebration of Mardi Gras. High point of the evening was on Jessica's turn. She put up "person" and seven letters. We guessed the letters e and a. I got tickled at this point, but the boys got flustered. They kept asking if she knew how to spell the name, or if she was sure it was a person and not a thing. Jacob kept trying to guess Leticia or Lequisha or something along those lines.

The name she was looking for was JESSICA, as if my sweet daughter was momentarily not self-involved!! The boys were shocked, not only that she stumped them, but because she spelled it correctly and it was SOOO obvious!

I am sure the boys would be willing to give up hangman for Lent.

Jackie said...

I had a late class, but afterwards my roommate and I went and got bubble tea. Woohoo! Then, when Matthew got out of his ever later class, we got pizza rolls. He said he wanted to go to northgate. An episode of Cash Cab later, he was snoring. Needless to say, I called it a night.

You can still have fun without staying up late!