Thursday, February 12, 2009

and a tiny adjustment here ~click~ and another tiny move ~click~ and turn this just a little ~click~

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Justin continues to make intresting recipes from our cookbook. last night we had rootbeer pulled pork sammiches. You cook pork in rootbeer! It was pretty good, so I'm glad we are having leftovers for lunch. Thanks to Jackie for linking to the Jello Flavors website. I wanted to try the peach, but Target didn't have it, so I got PiƱa Colada instead. It's a little strange, because it is more opaque than transparent. But it tasted good. I think those belonging to the jello shots community should try it out. wait, do you think that's what Jell-O is doing? I mean, they have margarita and strawberry daquiri flavors as well... I'm onto you Jell-O!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What are you feelings on stop-motion animation?
.
Love,
The Asker

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

James and the Giant Peach was pretty good. I prefer computer animation though.

Anonymous said...

Aggie Engineer is right about James and the Giant Peach. That is one of our favorite movies.

All of my family is interested in Coraline, even the ridiculously looming fifteen year old.

The boys also like the Lego clips and movies.

And both the boys have made their own short stop action clips that are VERY reminiscent of Mr. Bill.

Have to say we are fans. Big fans.

And I don't think we have a preference for animation over stop action.

We have had the root beer prok before. It is yummy. Beer, wine and root beer are always good to include in your cooking.

The Jello link was a great fun!

We were not able to proficiently make our own fortune cookies, so I ended up just buying some. We are disappointed, but the plus side was that the cookies cost $1.49 a dozen!

Anonymous said...

1) Anne's description of a "ridiculously looming fifteen year old" may well keep me giggling at random intervals throughout the day.

Anne wins at Thursdays.

2) I love well done stop motion animation. I find it fascinating on multiple levels. Like that music video you linked on your livejournal!

groovysabrina said...

I love claymation! I especially used to love it on Sesame Street. I like it when they personify fruits and veggies by putting on big, puffy clay lips that make big Os. This is very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I humbly renounce the hilarity of "ridiculously looming fifteen year old." First of all, "seven flavors of Boris and Natasha" is superbly humorous; and secondly, there is little humor in a teenage son who looms over you.

The claymation on Sesame Street was never as fun as the psychedelic numbers from the 70s. I wonder if those were done by stop action?

I really loved the stop action on Sesame Street where the guy would move closer to a letter or number, or the letter or number would "grow" out of the ground. THOSE were fun!!

Jackie said...

I went through a phase where I thoroughly enjoyed watching people's stop-motion Lego films on youtube.

They're pretty entertaining.

Jackie said...

Oh, but I find claymation type movies pretty creepy.

I would agree with AggieEngineer in that computer animation (Pixar!) movies are better.

Anonymous said...

I have none..............

Anonymous said...

Can you tell I am in a bad mood?

Perhaps I need some 'fun' jello.........................

word verification: cazoke