Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It Jiggles

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I was delighted with the variety of responses. Anne, I'm glad that Jessica enjoyed her alternative to camping, but I don't understand why Bob is all excited about eating white bread. TamiJean, I may demand an audio clip of Mr. Steven hooting for a future QotD? endevour. Moo, I'm not sure that you can go camping with two small children, espeically with alligators around, but I bet we'd have fun! Sabrina, I hope there are no clouds this weekend so we can enjoy the stars (and I agree about the Eagle Scout!) Anne, I'm so happy your family has sammiches. Mom, I may take the camera to capture the beauty of nature. Other Mom, camp-out breakfast is good! Moana, oh, there will be s'mores and an air mattress!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is from Tuesday's morning's newscast:
.
Apparently it was 'create a new Jell-o flavor day,' so what new flavor would you create?
.
The anchorman said woodland mushrooms and the weatherman said pomegranate & foie gras. PLEASE create more palatable flavors.
.
I would choose POG jello. Passion fruit - Orange - Guava is the most delicious juice I have ever had. I believe it would make delicious jello.
.
Love,
The Asker

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I have already done my exercises this morning, you would think that the blood is fully circulating. But this question makes me feel like I am still asleep.

And there it is...the question that has left me with not one thought or response.

Anonymous said...

How about apple-cinnamon or eggnog flavored jello. Wouldn't those flavors be nice sliding down a sore throat?

Anonymous said...

Since I am not a really big jello lover, I am not sure....but something fruity! Probably some combination of fruits. Kristen, yours sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Asker, Bob loves white bread and I have no understanding of white bread. It can roll up into a squishy, bouncy ball and it sticks to the roof of your mouth...that is a FOOD??

As I do the grocery shopping (mostly), you can see that Bob probably relishes the times he gets white bread.

As I understand it from Bob, white bread is the only option for bologna and Nanny spread sammiches. Oh, and egg sammiches.

Anonymous said...

Yours sounds fabulous, Kristen!

I think I'd go for something with pomegranate - it's a very popular flavor at the moment and mixes well with others.

I think Pomegranate Kumquat would be fun!

Anonymous said...

Grape Bubblegum with Poprocks

Jackie said...

There's a smoothie that I get at Jamba Juice called "Sex on the Beach" that has peach, pineapple, and orange juice in it. I think that could made a yummy transition to Jello.

And ... Woodland Mushroom? But ... why?

Jackie said...

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/products/flavor-finder/

I checked, and I do not believe that it exists. But I was intrigued by some of the flavors that they do have.

Jeannie, they have eggnog Jello pudding ... but I think the texture on that would make a huge difference than gelatin.

Anonymous said...

~mesmerized by all the Jello flavors zooming in and out~

groovysabrina said...

I have never been able to finish an entire serving of Jell-o. It is one of those quintessential American treats, like Mac-n-cheese, tater tots, and corn dogs, that I have never enjoyed.

I do think all the flavors you all recommended would probably be delicious to a Jell-o lover. I like the pomegranate idea and tropical fruits! Oh and apple cinnamon!