Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shh, here he comes!

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Did you get snow?! My good friend Paris saw snow in College Station, what a great way to start the last day of finals. The last time wintery weather happened there on the last day of finals was my freshman year. TamiJean, do you remember how your 8am final got rescheduled and you had to find a new way home? I don't recall how you managed.. Oh well, stay safe everybody! Except for Sabrina and Daryl: enjoy your hammock lounging and flip flops!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
SURPRISE! It's Justin's [QotD?] birthday party! What snacks did you bring?
.
I made a delicious fruit salad. Also, I've stacked fresh peanutbutter chocolate chip cookies into a mountain and added a big candle.
.
Love,
The Asker

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have brought a cheese and sausage tray with yummy wisconsin goodies and some cranberry mustard.

<3

Anonymous said...

Cranberry mustard! Ooo, I am intrigued!

Did I miss the memo on this party? Drat!

I'll offer up some stuffed jalapenos and arepas filled with pulled pork and avacado slices.

It did snow last night, but it was dark and kids were ready for bed. No sticking due to the recent 70 degree weather.

Is it actually Justin's birthday today?

Anonymous said...

@Anne

The cranberry mustard is fanTABulous on spicy cheeses.

We get ours from Brennan's, which is also where we get the cheese and sausage.

I've become a cheesetray snob. *laughs*

Kristen said...

Yes! Today is actually Justin's birthday! He's now 27.

Anonymous said...

Well, I will just have to look for that!

My dad always makes a great cheese tray. He gets good, yummy cheeses and stacks the tray with salami, summer sausage, sour cream pickled herring, marinated artichoke hearts, olives, yummy cheeses and spicy mustards, including wasabi. I have always understood that I was OBLIGATED to love sauerkraut and sour cream pickled herring. You know, as a Pole I had to eat those foods, as an Aggie I had to say Howdy and as a woman I had to birth babies. For some things, you don't get a choice.

Happy Birthday, Justin!! Hope you enjoy the blog party!!

groovysabrina said...

Happy Birthday Justin! I will bring chocolate chip cookies - cue Daryl. Kidding! I can hailp. Have a special day!

Kristen said...

Anne, just because you are a Pole, you don't have to eat kraut and herring. RESIST! (though your father IS pretty intimidating.) I've spent all of my life as a Czech-German avoiding saurkraut, onions in mashed potatos, beer...

Anonymous said...

Okay, but I think that in the end, that makes me like the man who gave birth or the Aggie who won't say howdy. It is just weird and beyond explanation.

I love the sour cream pickled herring, but kraut is just okay. I don't love it.

Onions in mashed potatos?? You Czechs!!

And again, the celery dressing for Thanskgiving is NOT a Polish thing. That is just wierd and uniquely Slonina.

Anonymous said...

Queso and chips!
Sorry it is late...........