Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas: more songs

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I'm sorry to dissapoint you because I don't like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, oh well. As we get closer and closer to actual Christmas, I will just keep getting more and more excited about my favorite Christmas things: including wearing Christmas socks every day.
.
There has been a lot of unofficial discussion about this already, so lets make it official.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What are some of your favorite Christmas songs now that you are an "adult?" Please include all the really rare or strange Christmas songs you like.
.
For example: I love I want a Hippopotamous for Christmas and Chrissy the Christmas Mouse. I also like Grandma got Runover by a Reindeer. You must remember that this song is fictional and no actual Grandma's got hurt.
Also (and you'll know this if you've ever ridden in the car with me while the song comes on), I really really love Sleigh Ride, the full orchestral version, no lyrics. Why? The sleighhbells. I will air-sleighbells the ENTIRE song, including at least one hand switch.
.
Love,
The Asker

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also like sleigh ride... but so i can crack the whip (slap sticks)... we can have an "air aux percussion" section.

mike

Anonymous said...

I think someone needs to make some awesome techno christmas albums. I would be all about it.

P.S. It's true about the sleigh bells, I've seen her! And with such a happy smile you wouldn't believe!

Kristen said...

Mike, maybe we can get Matthew on the woodblocks

Anonymous said...

I go once a week to help as a math geek at Nick's school. Today was an extremely exciting day, and not just because we were put on a REAL lock-down for about 20 minutes! I hear that Frank Seale was on lock-down as well.

They started the morning in the gym with a Christmas sing-along. You can only imagine how much fun that is with 450 elementary kids! When "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" came up, everyone got to dance!!! It was adorable, fun and silly...all the things I love.

However, I was reminded during the sing-along that I also really like "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "Joy to the World."

Still, "Wonderful Christmas Time" is the best. I wish that had been part of the sing-along!!

Anonymous said...

I love Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliziano. Love it!

Anne,
Yup, we were on 'lock down' for about 1/2 hour as the CVS got robbed..........

Anonymous said...

Kathleen and all,

Jacob informed me that the CVS was robbed of drugs, not money. He also said that the guy(s) were caught in the cemetery across the street from the high school. Jacob found all of this ironically comical, in terms of what a disappointing mess your life has to be in when just before Christmas you are caught by the cops in a graveyard for robbing the local CVS of drugs. He has a point, I think.

But here are some interesting, if not maybe upsetting, incidents from the high school.

The band locked the doors and then listened to music. So much for remaining quiet.

Several of the high school students, who were late that morning, were just locked out of the school. The staff would wave at them, but not let them in. Rules...no one in, no one out.

Last night, Jessica and I sang Christmas carols as part of reading. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Jessica was hilarious, especially when she didn't know all the words to Twelve Days of Christmas. FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! And a partridge in a parrot tree!!

Anonymous said...

OK, I absolutely LOVE "Merry Christmas" by the Manhatten Steamrollers. My next best favorite is "Merry Christmas Darling" by the Carpenters. The Carpenter Christmas collection is the best Christmas music ever written or sung. Next, I love Amy Grant's "Till the season comes round again" and "I't's the Most wonderful time of the year". Now for funky "Santa Baby" by Madonna is the best rendition of that song since it's original recording.
Now, for dancing, you cannot beat KennyG's "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas