Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas: terrible noise

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I've got some candycanes on my desk, feel free to come by and get one. Yesterday I watched Elf, Mickey Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh Christmas Special, and Polar Express. Yesterday was a really good day for me. I didn't bother me when I got stuck in traffic even though I stayed within a 1-mile radius of oru home: I had Christmas music to sing to!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What are some Christmas songs or movies that you really don't like?
.
I really don't like Elvis, so any of his Christmas songs. The 'Happy Holidays' song, because the lyric "So whoopdie-doo" is sung with such a sarcastic tone. I am also a zero fan of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and any stop-action animation holiday movies. I think just because they creep me out.
.
Love,
The Asker

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gasp! A zero fan of the Grinch!! I may have to reassess my admiration for you now! GASP!!

I am not a fan of Jingle Bell Rock. Also really dislike the Wham Christmas song. It is annoying and well, gay. I truly dislike the charity Christmas songs, in particular "Do They Know It's Christmas." The song is very melodramatic, but the line about "Thank God it's them instead of you" really gets me.

Really?? I want to thank God that ANYONE is in misery and desperation?? I want to gloat about the fact that I was born into the right country?? It is a very ugly song.

groovysabrina said...

Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the reeeeeeeally boring ones, like: "IIIIIIIII'll be hooooooooooome for Christmasssssssssss"

ZZZzzz...

Also, Alvin & The Chipmunks grates on my nerves. =@

Anonymous said...

hmmm
I have to agree with Kristen.....
Also I like "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt,
BUT
I do NOT like some of the 'remakes' I am hearing...

Anonymous said...

I definitely don't like
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.

Didn't like it the first time I heard it and it has just gotten worse

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I've seen the Grinch recently enough to like or dislike it. But, I do agree with G-brina and Kathleen. Poor Grandma, that's not funny.

Anonymous said...

...and I'm pretty sick of "A Kenny G Christmas."

Kristen said...

Cuñao, welcome back to the country!
I agree with you on the Kenny G.

Anne, I need to listen to that Wham song to see if I recognize it.

Kristen said...

WHAM Christmas: maybe not many good qualities for an actual Christmas song. But ripe for the Kareoke mocking!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I heard Bruce Springstein sing Silent Night the other day on the way home and UGGGGGGGH!!!!! it was awful! I had to switch to something other and Sirus until it was over and it was a very long song!

I am a Christmas movie fan so I can't say I dislike any Christmas movie. I enjoy some more than others. The one with Arnold "Jingle All the Way" was kinda depressing though. I love Miracle on 34th street but skip through the part where the guy tries to frame Santa and while he is in jail. I just really try to keep bad things from my mind.