Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas: music

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Due to the late posting time, you might assume that I did not go to work today. You would be correct, but that is not why QotD? is late. Our internet went out AGAIN last night, and the cable guy just got done a few minutes ago fixing it. (A port in the connection box outside had gone bad. why couldn't they have figured this out some months ago?)
.
Anyway, I'm taking a day of vacation a) because I have too much to roll over into next year and I don't want to lose it, b) I've got some projects to do. And now that I'm not waiting around for the internet guy, I can go to Blockbusters and start watching everyone's favorite Christmas movies.

.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What was your favorite Christmas song as a child?
.
Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

groovysabrina said...

I was one of those little kids who played my favorite tape of Christmas music about 4 times a day for a month until Christmas, imploring my parents to join me in song. all. day. long.

My favorites were Frosty and Rudolph and Santa Claus is Comin' To Town.

Now that I am older, my tastes have changed to The Little Drummer Boy and What Child is This?

Kristen said...

Sabrina, we have some great musical tastes.
As a kid my favorite was The Little Drummer Boy, the version with the full choir and the bass singers going BUBUBUBUMMM. probably around HS or early college it became What Child is This?

Anonymous said...

Handel's Messiah was my favorite. It is big, imposing and important, but still fun to sing and the words are easy. I never stumbled over or confused the words in the Messiah as a kid, a problem that I still have with many songs. Plus, you always sing it in church, where the sound of your voice being off key is NOT as noticable what with the organ, choir and whole congregation.

Jacob commented yesterday about how Christmas songs are tired and old. So we tried to think of new Christmas songs that were even good, because the WHAM Christmas happened to be playing. UGH!

I reminded Jacob about "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney and Wings. And that is my vote for favorite adult song. It is joyful, peppy and I love the bells in it. See? Happy and joyful just singing it now!! LOVE that song!

Anonymous said...

I like most any Christmas song if played by a Tuba Ensemble

Anonymous said...

Silent Night,
Up on a HOuse Top
Angels We Have Heard on High
Silver Bells