Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas: memories

Dear QotD?ers,
.
This morning it is 68ºF outside. It also happens to be my last day of work this year. I'm very happy to be using my vacation.
Last night, I did three kinds of finishing seams on the project I'm working on. I was pretty impressed with myself.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What is a particularly memeorable Christmas moment for you?
.
One Christmas Eve, I was under 6 years old, my older brother came and woke me up because Santa was in the living room! We snuck through the hallway and peeked around the corner, but Santa had already delivered his presents and was gone. Then we snuck back to bed to wait for the morning. It was pretty magical and strengthened my belief in Santa.
.
Love,
The Asker

6 comments:

Unknown said...

well its not magical, but I remember going crazy when I got a Game Gear for christmas. It was everything I wanted! It was one of my best childhood christmas presents... its also the only childhood present I really remember.

Anonymous said...

I remember the Christmas that we spent in Miami with my grandparents when I was about seven. It was the first Christmas that I spent outside of Venezuela, so everything was sooo different. I remember my grandfather driving us around to look at Christmas lights and displays that were so magical. AND my grandfather had a film projecter and a screen and we got to watch movies in the frontroom. We watched "THE HAND!!" Not a Christmas movie, but it was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Don't really remember a specific
gift.......just that magical feeling of Christmas and of Santa and Christmas lights and smells.... good family times
and happiness

Anonymous said...

I remember getting a bicycle one year. The sun hadn't even come up yet but I went downstairs and there it was! Sitting upright, with the kickstand down, waiting for me. Even better, since I was in Texas, I got to ride it that very same day!

Anonymous said...

I remember a Christmas in East Texas with GI*Joe toys, including a sweet helicopter/jet.

@cuñao...

Was that bike you practiced on in your room? The parents tell the story of how you're probably the only kid to hop on his first bike and take off down the street on your own.

Anonymous said...

One very special Christmas was when Jeannie and I were about 16 and we both got these pj's with a babydoll top and pants with feet in them. They wee pastel flannel. We looked so cute in them and the morning of Christmas we got a telephone for our room (to share of course). We had to wait (back then) to have the phone company come and install it but we felt like such "big girls" then.
When Jeannie and I were little, we used to lay under the "aluminum" Christmas tree with the rotating 4 color light and stare up into the branches and watch it turn colors. It was something we did every year together.