Sunday, April 18, 2010

when you wish upon a

Dear QotD?ers,

Busy weekend! Friday I went to the library and picked up all 7 Chronicles of Narnia books. I'd seen the BBC version on PBS and the two Disney movies, but not actually read the books. it's about time. And they are relatively short, so I figure I can go through all 7 before they are do.
Saturday we went to Schlitterbahn in Galveston, heated indoor season. It's not work $28/adult. But we were fortunate enough to have some good friends send us free tickets. It was totally worth $Free/adult.
Today was church, laundry, grocery shopping. Not uber exciting, but productive.

My parlor would be named Your Pizza, as in "How would you like Your Pizza?" "Is Your Pizza for here or to go?" hee hee

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What's your favorite thing to make a wish on? (birthday candles, shooting star, fallen eyelash, etc.)

Love,
the Asker

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

My wish would be on a falling star. I have pleasant memories as a child of laying on a quilt in the front yard of my grandmother's house at night, watching the stars. The sky seemed bigger there and the stars more numberous.
Glad you had a good weekend.

Jackie said...

11:11

Wishing on eyelashes? I haven't heard of this.

The Minears said...

I don't really wish on anything, I never see the falling stars that others see, I'm beyond the blowing-out-the-candles stage, and I don't really see fallen eyelashes anymore either.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

For the love of Pete.

As in, "For the love of Pete, I wish you would have all your things organized before you go to bed!"

Pete is an idiot. I never get my wishes.

I went to Half Price books on Friday looking for the third Wheel of Time book. (Still unsuccessful)

I took a long nap on Saturday while Bob and the kids went fishing. Jessica caught a big mouth bass, but I am uncertain about the size, as Bob, Nick, Jessica and Jake all indicated quite different lengths. That was hilarious!

On Sunday, we spent the day with Uncle Larry and Aunt Chris at my parents' home. There was poker playing and story telling. Jessica was beating everyone at poker and then just quit the game out of boredom, which caused an uproar for all those who had lost chips to her. Nick ended up the winner, with three aces.

I did not eat the polish(sausage) that set off the alarms at secruity clearance. I had two thoughts on this:

Homeland Security is concerned about our diets, those thoughtful government guys!!

What in tarnation is Larry bringing us if the alarms go off at checkpoints?? Holy cow!!

At any rate, I noticed our weekends were almost the same!!

Tami Parker said...

I hadn't realized it till I started trying to answer this question - but I don't think I wish on anything. I think the last thing I wished on was birthday candles, but I'm not sure how long ago that was.

kathleen said...

Birthday cakes and wishing wells/ponds.

Kristen said...

2nd Mom, those are wonderful memories.

Jackie, Justin like 11:11 for its binary properties

Angel-A, Annelise is not past the wishing candles stage!

Anne, drat that pete!
THAT'S ANOTHER THING I FORGOT! I was going to send my mom with books at easter! Polish sausage sets off airport security?

TamiJean, you should wish on cat... toys.

Mom, wishing wells! There aren't enough of those