Monday, April 12, 2010

Come with us now on a journey through time and space

Dear QotD?ers,

I am sneaky almost every weeknight when Justin is in bed before I am. I'm usually finishing up my shower or brushing my teeth when he is falling fast asleep, so I surreptitiously creep around the bedroom, using my phone display as a furtive flashlight, so I won't wake him up. Some nights he's not sleeping at all and I'll go through ALL THAT EFFORT, slide into bed and hear "Goodnight."

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What five items would you put in a time capsule that was going to be buried TODAY?

Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

kathleen said...

Today's edition of the Dallas Morning News, a cell phone, a menu from Applebee's, a world Atlas, and a hand held pencil sharpener.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

A flash drive containing reports and projects from the boys, my golden gel pen, downy fabric softener sheets, "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub", a wii controller.

groovysabrina said...

wow, I don't think I can beat Kathleen's, it's perfect! I guess I'd just make the newspaper and menu local to Salvador.

amanda said...

What an awesome question. Last week, I saw the contents of a time capsule from 1935 that included a piece of paper my grandmother had signed when she was in first grade.

I would put today's paper, a letter from myself, stamps, a dollar bill, pictures of current electronics like TVs, cell phones and cameras and maybe a magazine or two like People and Texas Monthly.

The Minears said...

cheetos, a list of my favorite books with instructions to check and see if any of them are considered 'classics' in the future, an elmo toy, a kokeshi doll, and a taylor swift cd.