Monday, October 6, 2008

Winner winner chicken dinner?

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Guessing is closed. Anne's answer of 8 pairs wins by price-is-right standards. I reviewed all my socks yesterday and I currently have 9.5 pairs of frog socks. Alicia gets an honorable mention for guessing that I'd have lost one sock in a pair.
.
If you are wondering, I also have:
6 pairs of cat socks
4 pairs of antlered animalss
6 pairs with winged creattures (bat, chicken, chick, butterfly, duck, penguin)
1 monkey pair
1 super mouse pair
1 turtle
1 polar bear
.
That's just the animal socks. I also have lots of colors, patterns and objects (ex: VW Beetles, NASA moon boots) Last night after I finished, I asked Justin if my sock wardrobe indicated I was a 5-year old girl. Interesting fact: When I was 5 I hated socks.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What did you hate when you were 5?
.
Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

Kristen said...

As indicated earlier, socks. Also the color purple. I was very upset when I had to wear a purple balarina outfit for the school Christmas play. I wanted to wear a pink one!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I remember hating anything from age 5. I probably hated sharing toys or how I had to go to school and my sis/bro didn't.

Anonymous said...

Winner gets a chicken dinner!! Yeah!

I remember loving patent leather shoes with the ruffled socks, little gloves and mostly the uniforms for school. I don't remember hating much, but I know I was very unhappy when my younger brother threw my cuddly stuffed kitten out my window to the ATTACK DOBERMANS next door. That was an ugly event. Yeah, now that I think about it, there might still be some hate there!!

groovysabrina said...

Wow, Kristen that is a lot of socks!

I hated vegetables! Especially green ones. It was mostly a texture thing. My dad says for some time I would eat nothing but hot dog slices with scrambled eggs for dinner.

I also hated wearing shoes and prefered to run around barefoot. I could run across gravel and hot Texas asphalt with glee!

amanda said...

I was much like sabrina and when I was 5 I hated vegetables. The only vegetables I would eat was corn and green beans. Now I feel like such a foolish one in my young age because I LOOOOVE so many things now that I didn't back then. Silly me.

And Kristen, I was quite the opposite of you. I looooved purple when I was young, but then my step mom used to ONLY give me gifts in purple and I suffered from purple overload and unfortunately, now I despise the color in most occasions.

Kristen said...

Amanda,
I had pink overload. The last time my bedroom at home was painted (JH? HS?) it went from pink to purple.

alicia said...

i can't remember what i hated when i was five. probably vegetables. my mom said that jenna and i went through a phase where we would only eat things that were white or brown. potatoes, meat.... and that's about it. oh, and ketchup. we had to have all meats covered in ketchup. i do remember that. i also remember loving spaghetti-o's, for some reason...

Anonymous said...

I can't remember anything that I hated........
probably rainy days.......cause
I always played outside