Sunday, December 5, 2010

Punkin'

Dear QotD?ers,

At Target today, I spent exactly $20.00. It was magical! And then I used a gift card, so I didn't even spend money. I love that sort of shopping.

I spent a lot of this evening decorating the house for Christmas. It looks pretty festive around here. Justin helped decorate the tree. We bought a new, artificial tree this year. It's 7 1/2' tall and has rainbow twinkle lights. This is an amazing upgrade from the 3', $10 tree from Walmart that we had been using for 5 years. I'll have to post a picture for you sometime.

We still need to put lights in the bushes and maybe the trees outside. And do something with our last fall decoration.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What should we do with an uncarved pumpkin we've had sitting on our front porch since Halloween?

Loooove,
The Asker

4 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

You figure out a way to smash, explode, launch, or launch AND explode the pumpkin. Admittedly, since the innards have been removed, the sxplosion is not as amazing as it could be.

Tami Parker said...

I'm with Anne! You should hold a punkin smashing party!

Jessim said...

If you were here, and the pumpkin had been out in the fairly cool weather, and thus wasn't rotted, I'd tell you to make pumpkin bread (or pumpkin spice cake, or pumpking truffles...) which is what we do with our jack-o-lantern.

But since it's been sitting out in Texas, I'd just compost it, or throw it away.

(I went to Target yesterday- they are the first store I've found in Iowa that has size 5.5 shoes! So I got a pair of ballet flats. And I bought a pair of jeans. They are "short" length, which means i only have to cut 3 inches off of them...sigh)

Kathleen said...

Catapult!
If the pumpkin in NOT cut, it was 'last' a long time.........