Sunday, December 12, 2010

from the kitchen, with love.

Dear QotD?ers,

Pregnancy is weird. There are just new weird things happening every day.

My favorite way to warm up is to be in cozy pajamas under a cozy blanket. Perhaps with Justin, but only if his feet aren't cold. Speaking of Justin, it was his birthday on Friday!!!!!

This weekend we went out of town for Jackie's Bridal shower (hi Jackie!) and a surprise 50th birthday party for my aunt. The first was very successful, and I was one of the hostesses, so I mean it. The second was in the evening after it had gotten cold, and I was getting tired. It was wonderful and sweet and there was a slide show of pictures. But I was about done at 9:30. Justin and I danced 1 1/2 songs.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What are your favorite Christmastime goodies to make, share or recieve?

Love,
The Asker

3 comments:

Tami Parker said...

To make : Gift art. <3
To receive : knitted/crocheted things.

Jackie said...

The shower was incredibly successful! I cannot thank all the hostesses enough.

I usually make Matthew a Christmas card every year. I know it sounds lame, but it's become a tradition and I look forward to it. Besides, it's just about the only handmade gift I give each year.

I like it when people make food and give it as a gift. Especially sweets. Yum!

kathleen said...

I have made Chewy Pralines for about 20 years, and they are a wonderful gift. I usually try to make some 'Christmas tree' sugar cookies and some apple strudel.
The rest is just whatever time I have to make stuff. This year(since it is Jan. 4 today) I made lots of Chex Mix and Chocolate Candy Clusters, Date Candy Roll, Sugared Pecans. I did not get to make Chocolate Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!