Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Dear QotD?ers.

Merry Christmas my friends! I hope you have been having a wonderful holiday season.
We have done too much travelling, but it's been good to see family and friends. We even had a chance to see Anne, Dr. Fandango, Mr. SuperHappySunshineSmiles and Sweetie Pie. We played a few games with them, which Justin considered one of the best gifts he recieved.

Ugh, heartburn. lemme get some milk.

OK.

I know that not everyone does Christmas cards, but I'm curious.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What is the ratio of sent to recieved of Christmas cards for you or your family this year?

Don't include the cards you got from businesses or your dentist.

Love,
The Asker

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

0% to 100%. I stopped sending out cards several years ago, as I did not receive many in return. Thanks Kathleen and Kristen for the cards. I did enjoy the photo cards this year from family and friends with baby pics or sonogram pics!

Tami Parker said...

I received two and didn't send any. We tried doing the christmas card thing one year and it was so stressful and made us so unhappy that we decided not to do it again.

Jessim said...

I sadly did not get christmas cards sent out this year. We plan to send cards in mid-January. I'd call them New Years cards, but we'll be too late for that too. But at least we can have a nice picture of us on the cruise :)

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Sent to received:
0:12

I failed to get the cards made and sent this year and am very upset, as this is one of the last years with Jacob as part of the card...we assume.

This was a VERY low number of Christmas cards, less than half of what we usually receive. I am not sure if it is because we did not send any or if everyone had a bad card year.

When we send cards, it is typically about 50 that we make, so we never get as many back as we send.

We had a great time visiting with the Asker and Justin, as well as Martin and Kathleen. Nick is still trying to figure out how Jessica won "the French game" and he is now leaning toward a conspiracy theory.

"People who think babies are going to be rabbits can't be winners."

Kristen said...

Yup, I sent cards to all four of you and recieved no cards in return!

though i'm glad to hear you got some. Getting christmas cards makes me smile.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Asker,
Ooow. That was just a tinge of guilt I felt.

I think, from everyone's answer, that you will find that few people send cards, so you can typically expect a low return. I found that when we started making cards, our return increased, but is has always been lower than what was sent.

kathleen said...

Sent to Received
About 25 to 31, so I guess that is pretty good. Received only 2 'Christmas letters'.

I have done Christmas cards faithfully for 38 years(married life) and wondering if it is still
'worth' it??