Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Guest Asker: Dr. Fandango

We have a new Guest Asker today! It's everyone's favorite villian, Dr. Fandango!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yesterday I had some free time during my teaching job under the alias of "Mr. Smith" to go into the cafeteria. I sat down and collaborated with some of my coworkers and mostly talked about funny looking students behind their back (as we know all teachers do). Eventually dementia set in and some of them got up to go to the store. I asked very nicely and specifically if they would get me a single banana nut muffin and some regular, sweetened iced tea. They agreed and I gave them an undisclosed amount of money for this NOT TOO HARD TO FOLLOW TRANSACTION.

After another 20 minutes of poking of fun at students; they returned from a store 2 minutes down the street with a package of twenty blueberry muffins and a large container of lemon tea! I was slightly perturbed by this. Needless to say they were both executed immediately. I only had five minutes till class so I ate all twenty muffins and had an upset stomach for the rest of the day.

So my question to you fellow question answerers is, What is the most disappointing gift that you have ever received?

Sincerely,
Dr. Fandango, Wonderer of why teachers with rules can't
follow rules from teachers

6 comments:

Jessim said...

My most disappointing gift was probably an anniversary gift- we got a wine chiller from MIL. DH loves it, and uses it all the time. I don't drink alcohol.

So it was an odd choice for a shared gift, but had it been a christmas or birthday gift for HIM, it would have been a fantastic choice.

Kristen said...

I recieved a Celine Dion CD for christmas one year.

Tami Parker said...

I got a rose-scented bath kit once. Well, more than once, but I don't feel qualified to evaluate each of them individually on the basis of their disappointment.

Roses smell like grandmothers to me. I don't need rose-scented body spray, rose perfume, rose lotion, rose bath bubbles, rose candles, and rose body wash (all in convenient plastic packaging).

I don't even need all of those things in a smell I DO like.

I felt bad, as the giver clearly had been at a loss as to what sort of gift they should get for me.

It'd be like if I got a set of golf balls for an older man on my Christmas List, only he plays video games, not golf.

Also ... that's a lot of muffins, Dr. Fandango. But I will grant you that SHARING the muffins instead of scarfing them would have been less than evil.

And I am unsurprised to find the evil mastermind has a day job as a mild-mannered teacher.

You probably teach english, don't you? Diabolical!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

The most disappointing gift I ever got was the one Mieko has.


I have never liked Mieko.

I asked my dad, who was going on a long trip my last year of high school, to bring me back an inlaid box from Syria.

My dad did pick up a very nice box for me in Syria. But he gave it to Mieko when he got to Japan. Blah blah blah customs and traditions in Japan blah blah didn't want to insult her blah blah.

I asked for an inlaid wooden box as a graduation gift and I got NOTHING!!

My dad will still comment about how I pick very nice, elegant, thoughful gifts to give Mieko. Anytime he heads for Japan, he asks me, "What gift would you like this time?"

On a very different note, I saw a car this morning that said "Cuano Express" on the side.

Anonymous said...

Dear The Answerers,
First off id like to assert myself to the askers position of judging and critisizing everyone's responses.

Skittl- Perhaps the best option is revenge. Like giving a shared gift that nobody likes! Bwhaha!

Asker- I am very sorry you got a CD about felines.

Tamijean- At least it didnt smell like bananas. While the smell may be interesting after a long hot day it becomes very much less intruiguing. Also, The formula for me would be E= ME2

Eater of Fleas- Why ask for a present that is empty?

Sincerely,
Dr. Fandango, New answerer of questions

Kathleen said...

A clothes washer.......
Thankfully, it was NOT the only
'present' I got that Christmas.