Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Guest Asker: Dr. Fandango

He returns!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~

Dear Answerers,

Yesterday I was sitting in on an Aerospace engineering class. The teacher thought the functions of an air planes "six pack" to the students. This is a control panel of six different meters of which include a Vertical speed indicator, blah, blah, blah, and an attitude indicator. The name of which I found to be quite hilarious. Half an hour later the young engineers started bickering about who was right about which plane function did what. After a few moments of this ruckus the teacher asked for the class to "Please shut up and sit down". It was at that time that I ever so kindly suggested that maybe they should all check their attitude indicators.

So the question I have for you is, How many times have you crashed a plane(real or imaginary)?

Sincerely,
Dr. Fandango, Asker of Questions

5 comments:

Tami Parker said...

They call me Kamizakee Jean in some video games.

I replaced my altitude indicator with a rubber clown nose that sprays you with water when you squeeze it.

I'm wicked terrible at flight video games. UP! DOWN! NO No NO Your OTHER down! AAAAH *kaploooch! explosion noise*

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Just recently, I was playing with trucks and airplanes and cars with one of my children. The cars and trucks collided as the airplanes spiraled out of control and crashed into the trucks.

I think that the attitude indicator begins to malfunction around age 12, and then plane crashes are daily events. You can usually tell if the attitude indicator is malfunctioning when you hear the repeated command of "It's my birthday weekend and I make all the rules." There is always a plane wreck coming soon after that statement!!

groovysabrina said...

My paper airplanes rarely survive more than one voyage.

Mr. SHSSF said...

Kamikazee Jean! That's a cool name!
Dr. Fandango, are you sure it wasn't an ALTITUDE indicator? I have never crashed anything ever because when I fly a plane or drive a car I make sure I'm safe, responsible and doing it correctly.

kathleen said...

Well,
I'm back in town.
I have not crashed a plane, but
I have crashed and burned on
my bike.....