Monday, August 30, 2010

Guest Asker: Anne

Today we continue with Guest Asker Anne.
On a personal note, the couch we ordered in May will finally arrive at the end of the week!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Asking A La Anne

My weekend was full of suffering.

"I know what our problem is. You have kitchenhiemers. You go into the kitchen and completely forget why you are there and what the kitchen is for."

"Pi is an irrational number. It just goes on and on without ever making sense. Pi is a woman."

I am still deluged with paperwork from the schools. With all the technology available to us, I am astounded that the schools have not found a better way to keep records. And I cannot express how much I bristle at the paperwork that asks me what language we speak, if we are migratory workers, if we are suffering financial hardships. All these ridiculous government standards that are sure to save us all, and there are still kids who do not have their needs met....because there is no time to give them the support they need to learn when everyone is so busy filling out forms.

I am all for meeting Jackie at Brookshire's!!

I have found a new cartoon that I love. Adventure Time! It is hilarious.

If you wanted to describe yourself as a formula, what formula would you be?

5 comments:

Tami Parker said...

I would be a formula for a liquid. I would be deep purple and fizzy and the bubbles popping over my surface would tickle people's noses and make them laugh.

I would smell like vanilla and sugar and lavender.

kathleen said...

Speaking of Pi..........

What came to my mind was........

Area(of a circle) is Pi "R" Squared

Mother of Three, Anne said...

TamiJean,

Ah, fizzy purple stuff!

Kathleen,

A math equation is perfect for you.

I am choosing as my formula

C12H22O11. Sucrose for all the normal people in the crowd.

Tami Parker said...

Since they didn't answer for themselves, I'm going to make guesses for some of the folks who kept quiet.

Mr. SuperHappySunshineSmiles would be a formula for a gas - something light and airy and warm.

Dr. Fandango is clearly a formula for explosive slime.

Sweetie Pie is a recipe for the best cupcakes ever. Maybe strawberries and champagne cupcakes.

Kristen is also a recipe, but a more complicated one that involves very precise chemical reactions to create something AWESOME. Maybe one of those brightly-colored and fabulous fun cakes from Ace of Cakes, only the filling inside is precisely mathematically calculated so that it is always exactly the sort of filling you wish your cake had.

Anne, Mother of Three is the precise mathematical calculation that one might use to develop the perfect pot of coffee.

Kristen said...

I actually made a t-shirt with my formula on it.

KrISTeN
While not a feasible chemical formula, it's still fun and fitting

Kr ypton
I odine
S ulfur
Te lurium
N itrogen