Monday, February 8, 2010

it's a random question

Dear QotD?ers,

last night I had a dream. It was a dinosaur adventure dream! A bunch of people I know where trying to save ourselves by penning a raptor inside a chainlink fence. That ended up not working and a fat guy got eaten. Someone had a giant piece of cardboard and we WRAPPED IT AROUND IT REAL QUICK-LIKE, because cardboard would keep the teeth and claws from tearing us apart. Sometime soon after, the raptor became and aligator and the crowd became me and Justin. Now, I'm sure that a crazy dream aligator has just as much intent to eat me as a raptor, so I wanted to subdue the gator! incapacitate it! tie it up! kill it! something! But Justin insisted that we didn't hurt it. He wouldn't even fetch duct tape for me so I could warp up its snout. At this point I am single-handedly wrestling the alligator, though it's shrunk down to 3'. Justin wanted to just lock it up in a living room until animal control could be called. BUT IT STILL WANTS TO EAT ME. There is some glaring and grumbling and I have to lock all the living room doors (there are 4) before I feel safe putting an alligator in there. One door doesn't have a lock, so I'm goign to have to put a sign saying "Alligator! keep out!" and hope people pay attention. I toss the alligator in, slam the door...
and wake up.

We never permanently adopted strays, but there were some stray cats that I would feed milk and cheese slices and plead to keep.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
Why would someone choose 6 gold dollars over free tickets to a movie?

Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Now I have to give the old lady answer!

Clearly there are times when going to a movie, where you are subjected to rude behaviors, overpriced snacks, and bad plotlines or acting,is the wrong answer. However, six golden dollars are always fun. You can even sing the "I've Got A Golden Dollar" song.

Your dream reminded me of the Mercer Mayer book "There's an Alligator Under My Bed." And honestly, what is up with Justin that he would not even bring you duct tape!??? I think men would use duct tape for laundry stains if you let them!!

kathleen said...

Hmmmmmm....I think that alligator in your neighborhood pond has invaded your dream world. That was a scary dream. Justin seemed pretty calm about everything though. That's good!

Not sure about the 6 golden dollars and free movie....but you never know with people. Guess it depends what the movie is and where it is, etc.

Tami Parker said...

What's a golden dollar?

And which movie are we talking about. There are times I'd pay to AVOID watching a movie.

Scary dream, Miss Asker. I'm glad you didn't actually get eaten!

AggieEngineer2k, Dream Gator Hunter said...

Easy: When they have Netflix and can watch whatever they want at home. Then those 6 dollars can be spent on ANYTHING!

And just for the record, IRL I totally would have thrown my shirt over it's eyes and gotten tape, or made Kristen get it while I wrestle with the blighter. Couple of towels around the tail and legs couldn't hurt either.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

As I got two kids out the door, I thought about your dream some more. I was picturing the artwork from "Patrick's Dinosaurs." Again, that book has some similiar features to your dream. Have you been reading children's books before bedtime?? I think you have!

Jacob did a titration lab yesterday. He had asked me Sunday night what a titration lab was like, and I told him tedious but fun. I was rather amazed that I remember them as fun, as I took my analytical chemistry lab from 7pm to 10pm on a Monday into which I had crammed all my other labs. Even then, 10pm was pushing the limits of my awake time, so those labs were really long and tedious for me!! The theory of having all your labs on one day did not pan out in practice like I thought it would.

@ TamiJean,

I was pretty sure that House on the Rock was just an imaginative endeavor of yours, rather like the map you wish to produce. But Jacklyn confirms its existence. Of course, the odds of the Asker knowing two completely insane people are not that great.