Sunday, May 23, 2010

POP UP

Dear QotD?ers,

I just finished watching the series finale of LOST. I won't spoil anything, but I will say that it was the most fantastic 'clip show' I've ever seen and I am happily satisfied with the ending.

I have a few favorite muppets: Grover (super and normal), Sweetums, Dr. Teeth, Robin. I've been thinking hard about who my least favorite muppet might be. I know a lot of you picked Miss Piggy, but she's not all that bad. Without her we wouldn't have Pigs in Space. I pick the fierys, from Labyrinth. They were really creepy and that's still my least favorite part of that movie.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What subject material would you choose for a fantastic pop-up book?

Love,
The Asker

6 comments:

The Minears said...

None, I currently harbor an intense dislike for popup books. People buy them for very young children who don't really understand the whole popup thing and have to be monitored every minute that there is a popup book around. Annelise does very well with regular board books, but she tears popup books to bits because she tries to play with the popups or use them to turn the pages or is curious and just likes to tear things. Books are for loving and enjoying and are something that I put in her crib with her when I need to leave her alone for a few minutes, not for causing a heart attack when I realize that she just destroyed a gift from Grandma because she just doesn't understand. And no matter how many times I sit with her and read the popup book and explain that she has to be gentle with the book, as soon as I leave her alone with it I hear a rip and want to scream.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Pop-up books will be destroyed by small children. And no matter how much you teach a child to love a book, even at age five there will be some tearing an destruction of pop-up books because the delicacy is lost on them.

I think science books would great fun to put in pop-up book form. A book on the universe would be fabulous.

I wouldn't so much like a pop-up on the workings of the human body.

groovysabrina said...

architecture

Sweetie Pie said...

I would use fake fur.
Love,
Sweetie Pie

Anonymous said...

Dear The Asker,
The history of sharp objects.
Sincerly,
Dr. Fandango, writer of books

Kristen said...

Angel-A, destroyed pop-up books are super sad.

Anne, science makes a fantastic subject for pop-up, though I agree with you on anatomy.

Sabrina, oo, there are some amazing buildings and bridges that would be fantastic in a pop-up book.

Sweetie Pie, textural elements always enhance a pop-up book!

Dr. Fandango, "not intended for small children"