Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guest Asker: woman

Good news: my appetite is improving
Bad news: I overtoasted my bagel and now it has burnt bits : [
Good news: I'm eating a bagel!

Other news: my birthday was last Monday. It was pretty aweful for a birthday, but at least there wasn't a hurricane.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dinner Revelations

I had three consecutive weeks that contained one evening of Meet the Teacher Nights. This year the middle child decided he would not accompany me so that the teachers would feel free to discuss him. This made me laugh, as I was sure that I was not bound to hear anything different that I would have with his presence.

One evening, before leaving, I turned to our daughter and said, "I will clean your dishes for you if you will clean up your room and all the toys in the front room from earlier today."

She protested.

"Mom, I am getting older. Getting older means that I am growing up and becoming a woman. And being a woman means DISHES."

I might have laughed at this, if that ton of bricks was not sitting on my chest preventing me from breathing.

Years ago, my oldest made this notation when I picked him up from school.

"You know, teenage girls look just like women. Except women have bigger dupas and hair on their face."

I am still crawling out from under that ton of bricks. Ouch.

So the big question is:

How would you have finished the sentence "And being a woman means....?"

Just so I am clear on this with everyone, I would not have defined womanhood as dishes! And also, so we are very clear,if Dr. Fandango responds no more after this question, you can assume he was badly injured.

2 comments:

Tami Parker said...

And being a woman means learning how to get your way without the use of force.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Yesterday, I got confused and thought that it was Wednesday, in which case the oldest gets out of classes at 4:00. On Thursdays, he stays until 5:30. I was meant to pick him up yesterday, but NOT at 4:00.

So as we sat there waiting,Jessica started chanting:

"Jacob is a plain man, not a WOman. Jacob is a plain man, NOT a WOman."

Being a woman means you are more wonderful, fantastic and interesting than a plain man.