Monday, October 10, 2011

HOT POCKETS!

Dear QotD?ers,

There are lots of things that Justin and I don't share: my clothes, razors, toothbrushes, vitamins,... If these were something that he really needed, there would be no problem with it, but assuredly he would ask first. and I him.  I have now enlisted him to explain to you how sweet snacks work in this house:


"So, I go shopping on Sunday and buy sweet things and bring them home and say 'These are for you!' and then proceed to pack them in lunches and eat them for snacks while they last.  You prefer to wait until you really want them to indulge, which, as it happens, is typically late in the week, shortly after they are gone.  Sound about right?"

Yup, that sounds about right.  emphasis on the "these are for you" and them being gone before the week is over.  I give him a hard time about this almost every week.

If you share absolutely everything with your partner, please tell me.


Remember Hot Pockets? and more importantly Hot Pockets Commercials?

Today's Question of the Day? is:
If you were on the Hot Pocket marketing team, what would your jingle be?


Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

Jessim said...

I've worn Kevin's clothes, used his razor, and his toothbrush (though that is usually accidentally, when I'm still too asleep to tell the difference between pink and blue). So yeah, we pretty much share everything. I don't think he's ever used my feminine supplies, although they make good fire starters, so if we were camping, maybe he would...

What was the question? Oh right, hot pockets- um, "Don't eat me, try real food instead!" I don't think many would sell though.

Tami Parker said...

"Fast, Delicious, Affordable, Healthy!
(We picked three)"

Something tells me Hot Pockets won't be banging down my door to beg me to work for them.

Mr. Moore and I share just about everything (excepting gender-specific products).

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Jessica baked brownies and some snickerdoodle cookies on Sunday. By the time Jacob got home from school yesterday, the brownies were gone (although technically they were still in the house, just packed in lunches) and there were two cookies left. He pondered whether to just eat them both or save one for someone else. You would have no hope of savoring sweets well into the week in this home.

Bob and I don't share. We don't share doing the laundry, toothbrushes, razors (although there is razor theft), grocery shopping, clothes, soaps, tools,many interests or barn space. Some of that is my choice, some of that is his choice. We are both pretty independent, which I think lends itself to wanting and needing some space and individuality. And your own toothbrush.

As individuals we have some very different goals, but as parents, our outlook and goals are the same. I think it might be extremely hard if ALL our goals were different.

Hot Pockets jingle....

A sammie
A sammie
A sammie that's not clammy!

It's hot
And yummy
And really fills your tummy!

kathleen said...

Here's my/Martin's
question if it comes down to the last 'snack' in the container......

"There's one cookie left, wanna share?"
Sometimes the answer is yes...sometimes the answer is
"You can have it"

Works for ice cream sandwiches, apples, bananas, slice of cake, fun-size Snickers, etc.
Works for us.

Mr. SuperHappySunshineSmileyFace said...

Hot Pockets! The to-go food if you have 10 minutes to spare waiting for it to cool off! Also comes in minis!

Love,
Mr. SuperHappySunshineSmileyFace